Wednesday, April 21, 2010

These shoes were not made for walking.

I'm in that phase of life where friends are starting to have babies. Which means baby showers. And making things. Cute things. For cute babies (at least, I'm assuming they'll be adorable).

If you're my friend and currently pregnant, or thinking about being pregnant, cover your eyes so you don't ruin the surprise, but I'm thinking my new go-to gift to make is cute little fabric baby shoes. I got the pattern on Etsy and can whip a pair up in about the time it takes to watch a movie.

These I made for Jennifer. The pink ones I made first (reversible!) And oh, I was smitten. Then I decided to make another, vaguely Clemson-themed pair. So, I went to my stash of fabric to hunt down some cute, feminine oranges and purples. Saige has been really into fabric flowers lately, and I think it's rubbed off onto me, so - little handmade flowers were added.

Since I made these in a size 3-6 month, no need for actual 'walking' shoes. But I do want to experiment with some leather-type soles for larger shoes, for when these cute babies grow up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment