Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reincarnated Table Runner Curtains

A couple of years ago my sister made these beautiful sage green organza table runners for her wedding reception.  Of course after the reception what does one do with 10 organza table runners?  You give them to your crafty sister, of course! 

I really loved the color and thought it would look nice against my dark chocolate couches.  Plus I loved the idea of designing my own curtains and having the option to redesign them once I got bored with them (but I never have!)

I purchased a brushed bronze curtain rod and curtain clip rings.  I hung two panels (table runners) on each end, one straight across the middle and two swagging ones also across the middle. 

Now I was lucky to inherit these but they are easy enough to make yourself.  They are just strips of organza that have been hemmed on all sides.  Measure your window so you know what length to make your strips and start sewing.  I think adding ribbon to the edges or even sewing on some cute appliques would look nice too!

And in a pinch, like when your husband forgets to tell you that he invited the neighbours over for dinner tonight, you can always rip one down and throw it across the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment